Topgolf Enterprise Architect in Dallas Office, Texas
Topgolf is seeking superheroes of technology leadership to blaze strategic and cultural trails at one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the world.
As the Enterprise Architect for Topgolf, you will define and execute the strategies that underpin Topgolf’s future growth and innovation. This role lies at the heart of Topgolf’s ability to scale quickly and continue delivering the market-leading innovations that our guests and associates have come to expect. You will work directly with operations and technology leadership within Topgolf to define mid- and long-term strategies, goals and moonshots. You will use your skills to decompose these aspirations into foundational platforms, architectures and capabilities, bringing external perspectives into the fold to drive innovative ideas and technologies into Topgolf.
You will also lead a team of like-minded technologists who will support and execute on the overall strategies you help formulate. You are someone that has a good grasp of the latest technology trends, loves continual learning, and is able to apply those learnings in a pragmatic way. You pride yourself on your ability to clearly articulate the business value derived from technical ideas and strategies to varying levels of stakeholders, effectively bridging the gap between underlying technologies and the value they drive for our guests and associates.
You will provide solutions and architectural leadership for tens of thousands of employees and millions of guests! We are globally expanding, and our multi-year growth story continues now across the globe. Come help us create moments that matter for everyone.
If you align with the above descriptions and are looking for a challenging position with a growing company that constantly creates new opportunities – then this is the place for you!
This role will report into the Director of Architecture and will take on a variety of projects that are short and long term, enabling rapid domestic and international growth. We are in the top tiers of the you-centric Career Map (it’s all about growth!), and there are opportunities to move upwards with regards to scope and influence.
• Work with Executives, Directors, Managers, and Individual contributors and your own team in order to formulate, refine and implement architectural strategies
• Decompose identified strategies into enabling technical capabilities and architectural innovations
• Lead your team to create alignment with stakeholders (functional and technical) on the architectural landscape; across international boundaries and here at home
• Define and execute initiatives to pilot and scale supporting technologies and architectures, as well as the ownership and processes required to drive successful adoption and use
• Advise business stakeholders on near-, mid- and long-term capabilities to inform future product and system innovation, strategy and design
• Oversee the overall goals and vision for the architecture. This will include defining the roles, responsibilities, and quality attributes of our product line and platform architectures
• Create and evangelize the technical architectural vision and technical guidelines through Architecture Team leadership, presentations, white-boarding sessions, sprint reviews, hackathons etc.
• Attend meetups and conferences to collide with other technical thought leaders and bring new concepts and best practices back to Topgolf through cascades
• Encourage and inspire other team members to achieve higher levels of technical capabilities through well thought-out designs and sharing from conferences, trainings, and meet-ups
• Work collaboratively with peers and cross-functional teams, always incorporating feedback themes
• Drive culture through architectural values and standards for the organization
• 10+ years of experience in significant technical transformation and some team leadership roles
• A detailed personality paired with a willingness to drive down ambiguity through proper documentation and knowledge transfer
• Soft skills and the ability to effectively create stakeholder alignment through 2-way communications
• History of delivering innovative solutions at scale with quality
• Excited about high growth and challenges associated with that growth
• A desire to influence culture and mentor high performing technical teams
• Architecture certifications or training for executing effective architecture strategies and communicating with stakeholders
• Experience with Product Lines and Core Services reusability tradeoffs
• Experience with platform creation enabled through well-defined APIs
• Someone that meets these attributes AND loves to have nerf dart battles with other teams #fun
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
Nice to Have Skills
• Architecture certifications and training
• Experience with various frameworks such as Zachman Framework, TOGAF, LEAF, etc.
• Influencer in technical space (proven experience with conference presentations, tech talks, leading meet-ups, white paper submissions, GitHub presence, StackOverflow reputation, etc)
Topgolf operates 52 venues in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia, employs 15,000 Associates and serves 13 million guests annually. The Topgolf games can be played by all ages and skill levels, and the microchipped golf balls score themselves, providing players with instant feedback on each shot's accuracy and distance. Players aim for 11 giant dartboard-like targets on a 215-yard outfield. The farther the shot goes and the closer to the pin, the more points the player receives. Each Topgolf venue features climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round play, food, beverage, music and HDTVs on which various sports games are shown, such as football, basketball and golf. Topgolf also offers golf lessons, leagues, tournaments, concerts, and corporate and social events. www.topgolf.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Topgolf is a global sports and entertainment community and is committed to equal opportunity and is firmly committed to preventing discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct, based on legally protected diversity characteristics (such as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, citizenship, genetic information and veteran status) in its application and hiring processes and in its employment decisions. As an affirmative action employer, Topgolf also takes steps to prevent retaliation and to create a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment for our Guests, Associates, business partners, vendors, and the communities we serve.
Topgolf participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Locations US-TX-Dallas Office
Position Type Salary
# of Openings 1
Address 8750 North Central Expressway
Category Information Technology